Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Act of Random Kindness #4

Hope you're all enjoying the Christmas holidays. I've broken out of my lazy haze to bring you another Act of Random Kindness from the ARK Challenge. I love this story from Claire who writes the always entertaining blog Lola is Beauty.

"I was on the lookout for acts of random kindness to bestow last weekend, when I visited Stockholm. At our hotel, I saw an elderly lady struggling down the stairs (no lift) with a large suitcase and walking sticks, so I seized the chance to give her a hand. It was the last flight of stairs down to the lobby, but I struggled to carry her case that far. When I reached the bottom I gave her a big smug smile, whereupon she pointed to a small door that led down another two flights of steep stairs into the baggage area in the basement. She then instructed me to place her extremely heavy suitcase on a high shelf! It was so funny, I think she thought I was a member of staff, though I spoke to her in English.When I didn't take her husband's suitcase as well she looked fairly put out and he glowered at me. I was too knackered! It just goes to show that you can't do random acts of kindness just for the gratitude and sometimes, you have to go beyond the call of duty!"

- Claire

No comments: