Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Act of Random Kindness #1

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has entered the Act of Random Kindness Challenge so far. There are some great stories coming in, which I will begin to post now in the run up to Christmas. However I've been a little disappointed with the low number of entries and I know that a few people who had wanted to enter didn't get around to it yet, so I'm going to continue to accept entries until 9am Monday 21st when the draw for the t-shirt will take place. Maybe the stories posted will help inspire you to come up with your own Acts of Random Kindness.

First Act of Random Kindness is from Ciara in Galway:

"My Ark found me, I was travelling on the bus from the GMIT side of Galway over towards the NUIG side. To do this you have to get off in town and wait for another bus to bring you the rest of the way. When I got on the first bus there was a blind man with a lovely guidedog by his side. He got off at the same stop as me in town. We got talking and realised we were both going in the same direction, I was going to college and he was going to the Hospital. He asked me to let him know when our bus came. I did, I then stayed on the bus past my stop until we got to his stop. I walked him to the Hospital and he thanked me for the company and my eyes. Such a small thing to do but the feeling of appreciation you get is priceless!"
Ciara B.

3 comments:

Little Monarch said...

lovely! and great for inspiration. I think mine will just happen without me knowing though

Winnie said...

So lovely!!

blanaid said...

That is so lovely. So so lovely.