Saturday, May 9, 2009

Alexander McQueen - Spring Flowers


I saw this dress in an editorial a few weeks ago - I can't remember the magazine - but it struck me how beautiful and perfect it was for spring with yellow flowers blossoming all over. It made me come back and have a look at the whole Alexander McQueen Spring Summer 09 collection and pick out these floral blossom pieces. The whole collection was based on the natural world and Darwin's survival of the fittest, with lots of animal prints, but my favourite piece were these blossom dresses. The pretty lace and the blossoming flowers make these the perfect dresses for a fantastical spring picnic with fairy folk in a pretty woodland glade.... or I could just dream of wearing one to a real life party this spring.

8 comments:

Garden Pheenix said...

Gosh does she ever look miserable in that one pic lol. Maybe she is hungry *^_^*

Pixienish said...

Aww I loved these dresses!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

So awesome. I love McQueen. This makes me want to go buy hundreds of miniature silk roses and sew them on something!

styleburst said...

i love McQueen. Those dresses are love.


xoxx

yiqin; said...

I love the shape of the dress. + the flowers on it is perfect.

Dream Sequins said...

The sheer layers with the flowers trapped underneath are really beautiful. Oh McQueen, you're so meta.

SOS! said...

i loved the sheer ones..
xx-LJ from SOS!

pigeon.toed said...

i love mcqueen. the silhouette of those dresses are amazing.