Sunday, September 7, 2008

Beautiful Bruises


Looking through the photos from New York Fashion Week is making me feel cold. How can I think about Spring/Summer 09, when it feels like Spring/Summer 08 never even happened. I've even given up on a crisp bright sunshiney-but- cold autumn crunching through the fallen leaves. I've resigned myself to this cold grey bleak weather and months of wrapping up in warm cardigans and wool coats doing everything possible to stay warm and dry. So in my current frame of mind I've turned to Sandra Backlund's Last Breath Bruises collection to cheer myself up and remind myself how beautiful knits can be. I think I would be quiet happy to face into these dark winter months if I had one of these beautiful dresses to snuggle up in.

The inspiration behind the collection is an amazing story about a fall down a stairs and a grandmother's last breathe that really makes you re-look at the collection with a new reverence. Head over here to read about it in Sandra's own words.

3 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Love the knits and volume in these. I suppose this kind of quality won't appear in my price range anytime soon...

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

My contacts are treating me very well, thanks for asking! It's nice to wear sunglasses again.

Annmarie said...

hello. bloggers brunch invites are being sent out. can you send me your email addy - iblogfashion at gmail dot com. x