Friday, May 9, 2008

Go have fun - someone might as well...

I love Cork. Its a beautiful city and we all know its the real capital! But every so often I miss living in Dublin, I miss a larger city, a bigger variety of shops, galleries and things going on - this is one of those moments. Today I would like to spend the day wandering around Dublin being inspired by the wonderful things I am going to share with you now. Because, my dear Dublin friends, you should go check them out. There is a world of exciting things sitting on your doorstep just waiting to be discovered this weekend.

First of all, anyone who's in town today or tomorrow should call into Potrero Hill (Royal Hibernian Way, Dawson St) to check out Helen Cody's new collection. This is one of the times I'm really sorry I don't still live in Dublin! Its only on til tomorrow Saturday 10th May so don't waste any time and get down there straight away! (via I Blog Fashion)

Next we have Technothreads - What Fashion Did Next. The Art and Science of Future Fashion. This looks like a really exciting and interesting exhibition in the Science Gallery in Trinity. Its on until 25th July so I guess there is a chance I might get to see this one. I'm really going to try because I'd hate to miss it. However, you guys will probably get there first so do let me know what you think!

You might have noticed that I'm slightly jealous of all you Dubliners right now, you get all the good exhibitions...I'm even more jealous of anyone who's going to be in London over the summer (never mind the jammy sods who actually live there!) because Skin +Bones: Parallel Practices in Architecture and Fashion has arrived there. I've been dying to see this exhibition since it opened first in MOCA almost two years ago. I even have the book! My mind is working overtime to figure out if I can afford a little trip to London! In the meantime if you are going to be in London I'd recommend you check it out.

Ok, just a few other fashion related events in Dublin that I've noticed around the net. maybe some of you will be interested.

Tonight is the launch of Project A Apparel, a new Dublin based T-shirt design company. Their designs are inspired by the "clean lines of graffiti and the rough-edged urban feel to street art". The launch party is tonight, Friday 9th May in the Bernard Shaw, with a special discount on the t-shirts. Check out the website for more details. (Via Fashion Filosofy)

The Bernard Shaw is also the place to be Saturday 17th for the Toe Jam Carboot Sale and the location of the the exhibition 'Shoot Me' - A global exhibition of Street Style' presented by Dublin Streets, thats on the 29th May.

And if you're looking to pick up a bargain head to the Leighlee sale on 24th May, Unit 1 C Bluebell Business Centre, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12. All details here.

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Richel said...

when I read your blog, I had thought you were talking about San Francisco!
We have a Potrero Hill here, too!